These Terms and Conditions apply to all bookings made with Pippins Holiday Cottage and form a Legal Contract between yourself (person making the booking) and the Owners.
If you cancel your booking because UK government public health measures mean that it is unlawful to travel:
If the booking is within 6 weeks from date of arrival we will refund you the full amount less the £25.00 deposit.
If the booking is greater than 6 weeks from date of arrival then the £25.00 deposit is non-refundable
The deposit is always non-refundable as it covers costs incurred and services provided to enable your booking.
1. It is the responsibility of the person making the booking to read the Terms and Conditions. Agreement to these Terms and Conditions is assumed when you make your booking. The person making the booking must not be under 18 years of age. The booking applies to those persons named at the time of booking and cannot be transferred to other parties unless agreed with the Owners in writing.
2. A Good Housekeeping deposit of £100 will be charged at the time the full balance is due. This charge is NOT included in the advertised cost of your holiday. This will be refunded in full after your holiday provided the cottage is left in good order and no significant issues are noted by the Owners after guests’ departure. Any charge made is at the discretion of the Owners.
3. The Good Housekeeping deposit will be refunded in full should your holiday be cancelled for any reason, including non-arrival.
4. Failure to pay the balance no later than 6 weeks before commencement of the holiday will be considered a cancellation. In this event you will be notified that your holiday is cancelled and the appropriate dates will be released for resale.
5. If you are unable to travel to Pippins due to illness, transport disruptions or other unforeseen circumstances, no refunds will be given for non-arrival. Any Good Housekeeping deposit and dog surcharge would be refunded in those circumstances. It is strongly recommended that Holiday Insurance is purchased when booking.
6. In the unlikely event that Pippins becomes unavailable due to reasons beyond our control, all payments will be returned in full. In this event, we will not be liable for any further costs or any inconvenience caused.
7. Any guests arriving with more than four adults in the group will not be admitted to the property and the booking will be terminated with no refund, with the exception of the Good Housekeeping deposit and any dog surcharge.
8. We reserve the right to ask guests to leave the property at any time during their stay if, in the Owners’ opinion, Terms and Conditions have been broken that might cause damage to the property or its contents or guests cause disruption or danger to others. If guests are asked to vacate the property then no refunds will be due of any description.
9. Any issues or cause for complaint should be reported to the Owners ASAP during your stay. We will not consider a refund for any issue notified to us after departure.
10. Please respect our property and take reasonable care during your stay. We understand that accidents happen. Please tell us of any breakages or spillages as soon as possible. We will endeavour to put the matter right but ultimately guests are responsible for the property and its contents during their stay. If we are unable to resolve matters easily and satisfactorily guests will be charged to replace damaged materials.
11. Pippins will be in a clean and tidy condition upon arrival and we request that guests leave it in a like condition. Please do not leave behind any unused food, packets, tins etc. We understand that it may not be possible to take frozen food home but please keep this to a minimum.
12. The Owners will accept no liability for accidents that might occur due to the nearby terrain which is of a sloping nature with some steep banks. Neither can responsibility can be accepted for loss or damage to any person or personal belongings. This includes damage to, or loss of, any vehicle or its contents.
13. Wi-Fi connectivity. If there is a problem with the Wi-Fi connection we will do our best to resolve the matter but in the event of circumstances beyond our control, we cannot guarantee an uninterrupted service, nor will we make any refund if the service becomes unavailable. Downloading or viewing illegal material is expressly prohibited.
14. We reserve the right to enter the property at any reasonable time for the purpose of inspection, repair work, etc. If we do need to enter the property, we will strive to agree a time with you beforehand wherever possible.
15. Guests are responsible for closing the Velux roof lights in the event of rain. Please do not leave these open when you go out or at night when you are asleep. Any damage due to rain ingress will be charged.
16. Please leave the property secure when you go out and return garden furniture inside in case of rain and for security purposes.
17. Smoking is not permitted inside Pippins and under no circumstance are candles or naked flames to be used.
18. Please be aware that Pippins is situated near to a Motocross track where race meetings are held on a few weekends during the year. When possible, we endeavour to inform guests in advance of any race meetings, but in the event of unexpected noise guests should understand that these are circumstances beyond our control.
19. Your contract with us and therefore the hire of Pippins ends at 10am on the day of departure. Late departure reduces the valuable time needed for cleaning between guests. Unfortunately in order to ensure that guests vacate the property on time a charge will be made for late departure.
Well behaved, small or medium size dogs are accepted. Dogs under one year of age are not accepted.
Never leave a dog alone in the property.
Should you be unable to bring your dog with you after the pet surcharge has been paid then it will be refunded in full at the end of your holiday.
We will not accept any other pet (cat, rabbit etc) or more than one dog. If a guest should arrive at Pippins with more than one dog or any other pet entry to Pippins will be denied and no refund will be given, with the exception of the Good Housekeeping deposit and dog surcharge.
We reserve the right to seek compensation for damage and excessive cleaning costs caused by your dog.
Do not allow your dog into either of the bedrooms or on the furniture. If it is clear that your dog has been allowed onto beds then the Owners reserve the right to deduct extra cleaning costs from the Good Housekeeping deposit at the Owners’ discretion.
Guests are expected to keep Pippins’ garden clean and to pick up dog waste in bags to be deposited into the dustbin provided. If after departure we find it necessary to clean up dog waste from the garden then a charge will be deducted from the Good Housekeeping deposit at our discretion.
Please do not allow your dog to run freely in the Owners’ own garden or to foul this area. It is the responsibility of guests to check that their dog will not escape from Pippins garden before being let off the lead.
It is important that dogs are kept on a lead when walking in the surrounding area and along the public right of way as sheep are almost always present. It is especially important pregnant ewes are left unworried by dogs.