Please do NOT travel to Pippins if you are experiencing any symptoms.
If you cancel your booking because UK government public health measures mean that it is unlawful to travel:
If the booking is within 6 weeks from date of arrival we will refund you the full amount less the £25.00 deposit.
If the booking is greater than 6 weeks from date of arrival then the £25.00 deposit is non-refundable
The deposit is always non-refundable as it covers costs incurred and services provided to enable your booking.
- Please be aware if travelling to Wales from other parts of the UK that rules and guidelines relating to Covid-19 may differ or change at any time. Please adhere to any rules implemented by the Welsh Government.
- We will do everything possible to make your stay at Pippins as safe as we can, but guests must appreciate that going on holiday in a global pandemic carries risks. Therefore guests should act responsibly, taking all reasonable precautions to safeguard themselves and others when travelling to and from Pippins and when visiting the local area.
- For the safety of both owners and guests, Pippins will be CLOSED for a minimum period of one week between guests departing and the next guests arriving.
- Note: Closing the cottage for one week between guests negates the need to remove many items that cannot be easily cleaned, i.e. books, games, DVD’s, cushions, throws, information leaflets etc. Any potential virus on such items will disappear over the course of a few days.
- After guests have left and we feel safe to do so, we will enter the cottage and thoroughly clean as usual, with the additional use of EN14476 Virucidal spray.
- Pippins will be left unlocked for guests’ arrival and keys left inside the property.
- Guests will be expected to keep the property well ventilated during their stay when it is appropriate to do so. However, please do not leave windows or roof lights open when it is raining or when you are out.
- Guests are requested to maintain the cleanliness of the cottage during their stay.
- Guests should practise good hand hygiene throughout their stay and it is highly recommended that guests bring hand sanitiser with them on holiday. Hand soap is provided in the cottage in both bathrooms and in the kitchen.
- Maintenance – in order to comply with social distancing rules, only essential maintenance can be undertaken during occupation by guests. We will not be able to enter the property to help with minor issues, but can advise from a suitable distance at the doorstep or by email or phone.
- On departure, please turn off any heating and if it is NOT raining, leave windows open to assist ventilation. Please lock the door and leave the keys in the black box beside our front door.
If a guest develops or arrives with COVID-19 symptoms
- According to UK Hospitality guidelines, if a guest presents themselves with symptoms of Covid-19 or is asymptomatic but declares the need to self-isolate, they should immediately inform their host, vacate the property and return home to their primary residence to self-isolate. This is according to current government guidance. In the first instance contact NHS 111 or your own GP. If the guest has acute symptoms, has breathing difficulties or their life is potentially at risk, seek medical help immediately by calling 999.
- Before travelling to Pippins, we would advise guests to give consideration as to how they would return home should they become so unwell that they cannot drive or travel. It would be important that in these circumstances you do not use public transport.
- If the circumstances arose that it was impossible for guests to return home and there was no choice but to prolong their occupation in Pippins, then guests would be expected to pay all costs thus incurred, i.e. any loss of earnings to Pippins owners’ and compensation to following guests who may have their holiday cancelled. You should not assume that travel insurance, if you have any, will pay these costs.